J&A Racing brings you the Crawlin’ Crab Half Marathon, 5k, Kids Kilometer and Craft Brew Fest presented by Bon Secours In Motion, a 2-day event on October 4-5 in Hampton, Virginia. This exciting event kicks off on Friday, October 3 at the Hampton Roads Convention Center and features vendors from the health and fitness industry including running apparel and gear, nutritional products and injury prevention. Over 10,000 runners, walkers and their families attend the expo which features number pick-up for the race. The weekend concludes on Sunday afternoon, October 5th with a post-race party with live music, Baker’s Crust Kickin Corn & Crab Chowder in a bread boule, and Ice cold Craft Brews. This race features flat, fast courses which run through historic downtown Hampton, into beautiful old neighborhoods, and along the majestic Chesapeake Bay and Hampton Roads Harbor.
• Three separate races a Half Marathon, 5K and 1K with over 5,000 participants
• New Shell Yeah Challenge where you can run in both the 5K and Half Marathon
• Largest numbers of participants ever for a running road race on the Virginia Peninsula
• A two-day Sports & Fitness Expo at the Hampton Roads Convention Center
• Flat, fast courses through historic downtown, Chesapeake Bay and Hampton Roads Harbor
• Seven live bands, three DJs, and three radio stations on the courses
• Post Race Party with live music from Vinyl Headlights (Half Marathon)and Cover This (5K). Kickin’ Corn & Crab Chowder from Baker’s Crust and craft beers
• Technical shirts for all runners (5k/half) (men and women sizes)
• Additional Half Marathon Finisher Item
• Medal for all finishers
Attention All Volunteers!!
Thank you to all of our amazing volunteers, without whom we could not put on this event! If you have signed up to volunteer, you’ll be receiving specific reporting instructions a week before the race, or you can review all of the reporting instructions here!!
New Crawlin’ Crab Training Team
Are you looking to train for your first half marathon or just looking to improve your time? How about a committed, fun group of local runners to train with at your pace? We invite runners of all levels to join the J&A Training Team and Coach Ryan Carroll for the Crawlin Crab Half Marathon Training Program. Coach Ryan has a 12 -week training program mapped out to provide flexible training options for newcomers and seasoned runners alike, which will have you ready for race day on October 5, 2014. Visit the link below for more details, or to register for the training team today!!
Crawlin’ Crab Half Marathon Adds Shell Yeah Challenge
Feeling extra energetic this year? Then the Shell Yeah Challenge might be for you! Shell Yeah Challenge participants run the Crawlin’ Crab 5k on Saturday, October 4, 2014 and then the Crawlin’ Crab Half Marathon on Sunday, October 5, 2014. All Shell Yeah finishers will receive an additional challenge medal at the event in recognition of their special achievement. YES, that does mean you will earn 3 medals!! Be bold–take on the Shell Yeah Challenge! Limited to 500 participants. You must register before the challenge sells out to be eligible!