Due to the State of Emergency declared by the Governor of Virginia, and the severe impact of adverse weather, J&A Racing had to cancel the Crawlin’ Crab Sports and Fitness Expo, Half Marathon, 5k, Kids Kilometer and Craft Brew Fest for October 2-4, 2015. We know you have trained hard, and we want to honor that commitment. We are tentatively rescheduling the weekend for October 16-18, 2015. The final decision will be made next week, after city emergency response personnel have had a chance to assess the storm impact on the city. As of right now, all Crawlin’ Crab activity is frozen, including race registration, deferrals, etc.
Moving forward, by mid-next week we expect the following options will become available for all participants.
• If you would like to run on the weekend of October 16-18, your race number from the original race date will automatically be transferred to the new weekend. No further action required.
• If you deferred the October 2-4 race weekend, but are now available to run the October 16-18 weekend, we are able to reactivate your entry, and refund you your full deferral fee.
If you are not able to run October 16-18 you will have 2 options:
1) Apply your 2015 Crawlin’ Crab entry fee to one of the following events -
* Anthem Wicked 10k and Old Point National Bank Monster Mile- October 31, 2015
* Blue Moon Harbor Lights Half Marathon, Chartway 5k, and Kids Final Mile- November 20-22. 2015
* Great Outdoor Provision Co. Surf-n-Santa 5 Miler- December 19, 2015
* Yuengling Shamrock Marathon Weekend- March 18-20, 2016
****If you have already deferred the 2015 Crawlin’ Crab weekend, and would like to apply your entry fee to one of the races listed above, you will be refunded your full deferral fee.
2)Defer to the 2016 Crawlin’ Crab ($15- 5k, $30- Half Marathon, $45- Shell Yeah Challenge)
Please hold all questions until next week, after we have released all instructions and details about the Crawlin’ Crab race weekend, as we cannot make any adjustments at this time.
There are a lot of moving parts to put on an event of this size, and we are very fortunate to work with a city that remains dedicated to doing what is right and safe for the participants. We will continue to work with the entire city of Hampton to do what is best for the event and our participants, and we appreciate your patience as we continue to wait out the storm.